Monday, October 11, 2010

A beginning

Here I am.

I am joining the Gratitude Community (thank you , Ann) today. I've been reading from the sidelines for a while now. The Father has been urging me toward the habit of gratitude and toward writing for a long while now. Too long.

1. I am thankful for a patient God of grace who draws me near.

In the midst of the daily days it is so easy to lose sight of His fingerprints. They're everywhere. I look forward to waking up to seeing, hearing and tasting His goodness in new ways.

2. quiet mornings

3. a warm cup of tea between cool hands

4. overflowing tanks

5. a man who loves me

6. the colour green filling my kitchen window

7. living in a land not at war

8. the soft comfort of a cat's fur

9. a boy who doesn't give up on me even when I am cranky

10. this breath . . .

11. goodnight kisses

12. being alive with this man and these boys

In these moments I choose to say 'Thank You, Father.' May I learn to say this in all moments.

Here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment