Saturday, February 5, 2011

A weary heart

This is one of those days where I feel weary.
Heart-weary of the multitudinous demands on this dusty frame.
Self-weary of the 'old' nature that broadcasts how far I am from who I want to be.
Ear-weary of the noise level created by three boys.

But Jesus says, "Come to Me all you who are weary and I will give you rest."

He speaks to me in my weariness - in precious particular ways.
He is my strength - the joy of the Lord is my strength. (Neh. 8:10) He knows the weariness of serving, for He came to serve.
My old nature can drive me to the arms of my precious Saviour, my Redeemer.
I can turn in gratitude to my Father who has blessed me with these three healthy, lively boys of His.

He will meet my needs - abundantly, when I come to Him.
Thank You, Lord.


If you want to share how our Lord meets you and speaks to you in your weariness,
I'd love to hear.

2 comments:

  1. "Come unto me and find rest for your souls..." What a beautiful promise! He speaks through the noise and chaos and clutter of our lives. But so often it is not until I am weary or discouraged or disheartened that I can hear His soft voice.
    Thanks for sharing how He speaks to you Jen. It is true, what clear choice we have each day. Keeping our eyes on ourselves and turning to fear or defeat, or choosing to set our gaze upon Jesus and letting our hearts overflow with gratitude. Praise the Lord that His power is perfected in weakness. Our weakness. I pray that our weariness would remind us each day that we were not created for such a place as this. Love you dear Aunty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As pine cones fall from a tree and sink into soft soil until a new tree is formed and takes form....so I am blessed to see now two generations of this miracle!

    These are the thoughts that came as I read your blog and Hannah's comment. As in III John 4 "I have no greater joy than to know that my children walk in the truth"....with love and joy. Mom and Mimi

    ReplyDelete