Monday, November 1, 2010

Frangipani


I have been looking out at this tree since we moved into this house three months ago. It has looked d-e-a-d, dead. I had often gazed at it regretfully, thinking how sad it was that such a big frangipani tree was lifeless and how beautiful the flowers would have been.
And then about a week ago I noticed green leaves pushing their way free of the craggly brownness. Today, I saw the first flowers - those beautiful, fragrant frangipanis.

Oh, how our God loves to bring life from seeming death. He is truly a God "who calls things that are not as though they are" (Romans 4:17).
As I looked at the beginning greenness, the Lord reminded me how He is in charge of bringing life in its season, and sometimes to my eyes all I see is dryness and cracking grey-brown skin, but there is life pulsing under the surface.


Thank you, my precious Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment